One year and one week ago I decided that I would write a novel. Exactly one year ago today I TOLD THE WHOLE WORLD by starting a blog about it. Let me tell you, I was really nervous about it. I knew nothing about blogging or noveling. BUT I did it anyway because I wanted to start writing on a regular basis. Even if it wasn’t literary or fiction, at least it wasn’t legal writing. Hence, the blog’s name Illegal Writing. 🙂
In honor of my blogiversary I decided to update my blog design (you like?). I also created a Facebook Page (scroll to the bottom of this post and “Like”!) I would like to thank anyone who has ever read a post on this site. A special thanks to anyone who has ever commented or liked a post, asked me how my novel is going, or referred to one of my blog posts in a conversation.
Below is a list of what I have accomplished since May 9, 2012:
- Wrote 4 short stories
- Completed 2 creative writing classes at the Writer’s Center and, more importantly, established a creative writing network
- Adopted cutie cat Jack from a member of my former writers group
- Met Jennifer Weiner, Emily Giffin and Terry McMillan!
- Tweeted with authors JW, Terry and Catherine McKenzie!
- Designed a novel using Snowflake Pro
- Wrote 45,000 words of my future novel (45,000 to go!)
- Published 54 blog posts
- Generated 6,281 views
And here are my 10 personal blog faves from Year 1:
- Bethenny Frankel Did It, So Why Can’t I?
- A Writer Writes: Jennifer Weiner Wisdom
- Olympian Samyr Laine and the 5 Steps to Turning a Dream Into Reality
- My Evening with “Waiting to Exhale” Author Terry McMillan
- Inspiration: Shonda Rhimes and the Depiction of a Diverse World
- An Author Shut Down My Senior Thesis (Thankfully, No One Cares)
- Love is a Drug
- How to Get It Done: 10 Tips From A Lawyer to an Aspiring Writer
- 10 things I Know About Creative Writing that I Didn’t Know 6 Weeks Ago
- Snowflake Pro Review and the Grand Reveal of My Novel Plot
Thanks again everyone and don’t forget to “Like”!! 😀
2 thoughts on “Today is My 1 Year Blogiversary!”
So very proud of you! What talent, intellect and creativity! You are a star.
Thanks Aunt Ellen!! 🙂